Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ha! Take that DMV!!!

I renewed my license....but never got it. I waited and waited. Still nothing. Some people suggested that I just didn't pay attention to my mail. Others said maybe someone stole it. I pay attention to my mail. There is no way I would have thrown it away. My mailbox is a lock box...so unless it was an inside job...how would someone have stolen it? I gave up last week and emailed the DMV with my concern and lake of legal driving status. It made me nervous! Well, I got a response today. I knew I did nothing wrong:

04-28-2009

Dear Ms. Gibson,

Thank you for giving the Department the opportunity to respond to youremail regarding your Texas driver license. A review of our records indicates that you recently renewed/changed youraddress on your driver license. The driver license was mailed to youraddress on 03-05-2009. However, the driver license was returned to theDepartment by the post office on 03-25-2009. Since the address that you provided matches the address we have on file,a new license will be issued and mailed once the processing has beencompleted. Please allow approximately three to four weeks for thedelivery of the new driver license. If you are in need of a temporary permit to use until you receive yournew driver license in the mail, you may obtain one at any Texas driverlicense office. A list of driver license offices may be found on theDPS website at www.txdps.state.tx.us , Driver License Section, as wellas a list of acceptable documents for providing proof of identification. I hope this information is helpful. Please do not hesitate to contactme directly at the above email address or at (512)424-2000 Ext. 3407should you have additional questions or need further assistance.

Sincerely,
Jon BrantleyAdministrative Asst. III
Customer Service BureauTXDPS Driver License Division

No comments: