Sunday, April 22, 2012

Darting Around Uptown

What a fun Sunday! We woke up and went to the 8:45am service this morning. Apparently this service doesn't have a choir or such. I believe we will be partaking in the 11:00am service again going forward. It's awkward to sing a hymn when there is no choir to back up your horrible voice. After church we went home and I made us a delicious breakfast of my Dad's "special" eggs and toast. It really made me feel great when hours later Preston asked me how I made those eggs. He was still trying to figure out how I got them so perfect. Thanks Dad! I told him I couldn't tell him, they were special eggs. Five minutes later I told him. (he better not tell) We both sunk into the sofa and I begin working on my photo album from my trip in 2008 with girlfriends. It has taken me that long to figure out which photos I want to use. I narrowed it down to 139 pics. Yikes! Around 2:30pm we met up with half of our couple half at State & Allen for a very late lunch and good convo. Man that place has changed. We didn't recognize one person working there! We used to know everyone. After lunch, the guys were hankering for a mean game of darts. I was out numbered, but had a good run at Cricket when I was in college so I went for it. First throw out of the gate and I got a bulls eye!
It's amazing how when you are playing without five million drinks in your system how aware you are of the dangers of darts!! There were several close calls of darts by our flip flops...whoooooooooa. I ended up not winning, but got pretty close.
We are now back home and about to grill some pork chops. It isn't even 7:00pm yet and I feel like I have had the longest day. It was so great to get out, have lunch with friends, play some games and come home still feeling like I have my whole night left. Tomorrow is gym day, upping my cardio to 35mins! I'm not going to give up on my challenge.

No comments: