Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Trying New Things

I went out on a limb the other day and bought Gluten Free pasta. Whaaaat?! I know, sounds unsarahistic. But I have seen so much on TV about it and a lot of my friends have been talking about it, etc. Since I'm doing my 8 week challenge on my photos I thought this would be a good time to try it out. I deceided to start simple with a lasagna. This brand looked good to me, so I bought it.


I boiled the pasta like normal. Browned some lean ground beef seasoned with salt & pepper, added in onions. In the dish I poured a little bit of roasted red pepper sauce in the bottom. Next put a layer of lasagna noodles. Layer of meat and then a layer of low fat cottage cheese. I like using cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese. Repeat and that's it! End with the sauce on top and if you want, a little sprinkle of grated cheese. Bake covered at 350 for 30 mins. It was perfect!! I'm going to try more and more gluten free items.

No comments: