Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

Besides Christmas, Easter is my next favorite Christian Holiday. I just love everything about it. The meaning, reason, and memories of celebration with both family and friends. This Easter I woke up early and made the Gibson family traditional breakfast of Gold Rotten Eggs. What is that you ask?

Serving Size for 2
You will need:

2 Leftover Hardboiled Easter Eggs. (if you have any that have some dye that got to the whites, you those for color)
4 slices of toast
Medium White Sauce
2T of butter
2T of flour
1/4t of salt
1C of milk

1. Chop up both hardboiled eggs and set to the side
2. In a sauce pan melt butter on low
3. Once melted add flour and salt, whisk right away
4. While whisking, pour in milk
5. Whisk to get rid of clumps, use spoon or fork to scrap from bottom and sides of pan.
6. Increase heat to medium, stir consistently as to not let it burn.

While you are stirring your white sauce, take your third hand and start toasting the bread. Feel free to increase heat on sauce, make sure to stir. Sauce will begin to thicken. Remove from heat once you reach desired thickness. If you go too thick, add milk a little at a time to thin out. If not thick enough, increase heat and add a little flour.

Once removed from heat, add 3/4 of your chopped hardboiled egg to sauce. Stir till mixed in. Place one whole piece of toast in middle of the plate. Take another piece and cut diagonally placing each triangle on the sides. Pour sauce over toast and top with crumbles of hardboiled egg. Salt & Pepper to taste. TaDa!! Gold Rotten Egg. I didn't take any photos....boo.

After breakfast we went to Church at our favorite Church in Dallas. First United Methodist in Downtown Dallas. We both really like the preacher and we love the tradition of the pipe organ, choir, orchestra, and children’s church at the front. So Cute. When we got home, I started to make the deviled eggs for Easter lunch at Preston's Grandparents. I had 3 eggs leftover so I made some deviled chicks that I saw on Pinterest. We laughed at the outcome, but I'm happy I made them. I DID take a photo of this. See Below. My 3 are on top, pretty funny.


Happy Easter!!

No comments: