Thursday, February 4, 2010

2000 - 30 Years in 30 Days

In the year 2000! In the year 2000.....

The world did not end. Thank goodness. I was working at Arden B in Woodland Hills Mall over Christmas Break and it was a big deal if the computer systems were going to be ok. They flew in corporate to upgrade our system! Ooooo. For New Years I went to Miranda's house for her parents party. I was still dating Troy and we were coming up on our 1 year anniversary. His family is from CA so he had flown there for the Holidays. He had sent me a box ahead of time with clear instructions that I couldn't open it until straight up midnight. To pass the time away till midnight Miranda, Lauren, Micah, Wes, and I began drinking some of the Ruleford famous holiday punch. So, midnight rolled around and I sat on a chair while my friends watched me open this mystery box. Inside the box was a stuff teddy bear that had a necklace on. The necklace was his Fraternity letters. A Delta Tau Delta drop. In college that was a big deal to be "dropped". I started crying...of course...and proceeded to fall off of the chair. Due to the holiday punch. It was at this point that things went south as the punch kicked in. Long story short....that story is still brought up by my friends and I still am feeling ugggggh about it. (any comments that are left with details of this event will get deleted. fyi)

So there I was, it was the year 2000 and I was a sophomore in college. I had my DTD drop to wear back to school. I don't really remember that much more about 2000. I worked at the Oaks Country Club that summer as the bar cart girl. That was the best job ever! So much fun. I didn't get a chance to scan any pictures for this blog which I know would help me remember things. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do that tomorrow. - i just added these pictures. They have nothing to do with any of the stories, but i found them.

I can really only think about one thing right now as I'm trying to do this. One week from tomorrow I will be in Vegas. It came so fast. We booked the trip last October and it seemed soooooo far away. Now it is less than 10 days away!

I've got to go shopping for my birthday dress.

No comments: