Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2003 - 30 Years in 30 Days

I don't have that many pictures from this year. And am kind of ok with that. Work was really stressing me out so was life. Things weren't looking to good for Troy and I and I really didn't have that many friends besides the ones I worked with. (still love you Aric and Sami). As you saw from the previous years I had always lived in the country. I really, really wanted to live in downtown Dallas. That was a dream of mine to have a loft someday. Like in the movie Big. I really wanted that. My lease for my apartment was up in May. I started looking downtown. My job was about 10-15 north of downtown Dallas off of Regal Row and 35 for those who live here. Troy's job was in the heart of Denton. From Denton to downtown Dallas is easily an hour, even more with traffic. I didn't want to live that far away from him, but I wasn't going to live with him either. I wanted my loft. I found the one I wanted. I was so excited. I was moving in the last week of May. Here are some pictures of the place. Of course, not personal ones, but what they looked liked. I LOVED living there. The roof top deck was fun at night!




Long story short....Troy got an apartment in downtown Denton. A place that doesn't allow animals. I didn't plan on keeping Ashe, he wasn't MY cat. He was his! But I wasn't going to let Ashe go to a shelter. So, Ashe moves in with me. Troy helps me move to my new place. He goes on a float trip with his buddies from college....annnnnnnnnnnnd we broke up. That was it. Just done. He left and we didn't talk for over a year. But we are friends again and all is good. It was a hard thing to do for both of us, but we both know it was suppose to happen and don't regret it one bit. Good 5 years together. Oh' I almost forgot! This is the second reason I hated Ashe. I got stuck with him when I didn't want him and he was a reminder of Troy all. the. time. But know I couldn't imagine my life without him.
So, in August of 2003 I quit my job at the catalog company and started working for Centex Corporation in the Benefits Department. That is where I learned soooo much. Things were starting to get better for with friends. I was going out more and meeting more people. I think it was that fall that I started dating Christian whom I had met through Aric and Masami and a bunch of other people that I worked with. I was very, very, very happy to see 2003 leave my life.

4 comments:

Kathleen said...

I loved that apartment. Will never forget walking to the Cotton Bowl from there. :-)

Sarah said...

I know!!! So much fun. I wish I had my pictures. Stupid Kodak Gallery.

Masami said...

Wow. That was 2003!?
Seems like forever ago, doesn't it?

Masami said...

Oh - and the original Jingle Booze rocked. I totally remember it. And I wore the same dress to your Jingle Booze 5 or 6 years later. And you remembered!

Fun times.