Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2001 - 30 Years in 30 Days


This is more turning into 30 years in 20 days. It is really getting hard to do this every day. Obviously I'm not. I have to catch up to 2005!
In 2001 I turned 21! I went out to George's Stable with some girls. I do not remeber why I wasn't with Troy on my birthday, but I know he wasn't there. I remeber it was Cassie, Darcy, and I think Tricia. I know I had a little flashing necklace. I have a polaroid picture somewhere from Joe's of them giving me my free "21" birthday shot. Nothing too crazy stands out to me about this year until December. My sister got married!!

I only have 1 photo of that and it is at home. I didn't realize that I don't have a photo of my sister and me from her wedding until doing this. The 1 picture I have is the wedding party shot. Hmmm. Troy was graduating that December from OSU and his graduation day fell on the same day as Jill's wedding. I was so upset. I drove home Friday night, alone and did the whole rehersal dinner thing. It was fun. Then the next day was the wedding. It really did happen so fast. The whole thing is foggy. I know I didn't eat anything and I really don't remember who was there. What I DO remember is standing up there thinking how pretty Jill looked. I remember helping her change into her "going away clothes". They left. I then got in my car, bridesmaid dress and all, and drove the 1hour drive BACK to Stillwater to see Troy. I had to miss his college graduation. He had to miss my sisters wedding. I was so excited to get back and have him see me in my dress. I called when I was about 30mins outside of Stilly. He didn't answer, I kept calling. He never answered. I remember going over to his apartment and no one being there. I sat there until about 11pm before they got back from the bars. I had no where to change clothes and I wasn't about to go to the bar in my dress. I don't know why at the time it was such a big deal to me, but I remember being so upset inside b/c I had drove all that way and left my sister's wedding to come celebrate his graduation. He didn't even wait on me to get back. Didn't matter. Funny to me now. I should have just drove back to the GPhi house and changed, duh! But...I guess that is what you do when you are 21 and in college.



No comments: