Thursday, January 14, 2010

1980 - 30 Years in 30 Days

February 14, 1980


Awwwwww, aren't I just the cutest thing. Baby Sarah. Here I am! 1980. I was born in Hillcrest Hospital in Tulsa, OK to my parent's Jane and Jeff. I have one older sister named Jill who was just 6 days away from turning 2 years old. I like to joke that I was born on the 14th, my parents got married on the 19th, and my sister was born on the 20th. All in February...just different years. :)


My mom woke up around midnight on the 14th and knew it was time to leave. My mom wasn't in labor long with my sister so getting to the hospital fast was top priority. My Grandmas Gibson came over around 3am to stay with my older sister Jill. By the time my parent's got to the hospital I was ready to be here! I didn't even wait for my doctor. Dr. Mulholland was who I was suppose to be with, but instead Dr. Babb was there so that would do. I was born at 4:42am on Thursday, February 14th, 1980. I have always loooooooved Thursday's so now I know why! I weighed 6lbs 90z and was 19 inches long.





Here is a picture of me with my Dad. Isn't he just handsom?! I love this picture of us. I'm so happy to be with my Dad. My parent's named me Sarah Jane. I got the Sarah from Great Grandmother Sarah Pipkin. The Jane is from my Mom's name. But my mom was named after her Great Grandmother Janje. That's right, that's a "j" and not an "i". She was from Holland. I'm Dutch! My whole family has our own set of little wooden shoes that we put out at Christmas. Really...we do. I sometimes wear them around. Keep waiting for the day I see them on a celeb and then I'm totally in with vintage wooden shoes. Sigh.

So - At this point, 1980, my family called me Sally. I had a cat named Vamp who was black. I was crawling by 5 months, sat alone at 6 1/2 months, and got my first tooth at 4 months. I was a mover. Saying "Dada", "no-no", and by the time I was 9 months old I had 8 teeth and long dark curly hair. WooHoo! Wish I could remeber this year myself instead of what is written in my baby book......It really sounds fun. I did nothing but eat and sleep!




My first Christmas alllllll the grandparents were there. I mainly ate the bows, oranges, and packing. Somethings never change I guess. I took a nap while everyone else ate real breakfast. I got my Holly Hobby toybox that looked like a trolley. I remember that!! It was so cool and it sat at the end of my bed. Do they still make toyboxes?? My sister had one....that will have to wait until 1981...that toy box was evil I tell you. Sounds like 1980 was pretty much a year of growing and being happy. My sister was 2 years old at this point and loved to teach me anything she could. Pretty sure those are cows in that book.

I love the old school pictures and our clothes. So there is the life of me in 1980. Tomorrow...My 1st Birthday!!

1 comment:

KRiSTiN said...

you know... you have your mouth open in every one of these pictures, lol. at what point did you trade the open mouth for the duece? :p