Saturday, January 23, 2010

1988 - 30 Years in 30 Days



The cool thing about being born in 1980 is that it is so easy to know how old you are when a person says a year. 1982...I was 2. 1986...I was 6. 1988...I was 8!! I know this was 3rd grade and my last year at Brassfield. 1-3 was at Brassfield and 4-6 was at C.E. Gray. After that you went to Jr. High for 7-9 and then High School for 10-12. I remember us calling C.E Gray, C.E Gay when we were in Brassfield and then when we were in C.E. Gray we called Brassfield, BratsField.




Ok - so here is my school picture. I had Mrs. Cobb, 3rd grade. This was the year I learned cursive writing. Did I even spell that right? I don't know, but I remeber the writing tablets we had those dotted lines to write with. You would do lines and lines of t's or a's.



That's about all I really remember about 1988. If you want to get technical about it, the beginning of 1988 was the end of 2nd grade which I talked about in 1987. The spring of every year we had field day at school. It was the day out of the year that you didn't have clase but you walked to the high school football field and had track & field races. So in 1988 in Mrs. Sparks class we were the Sparks Spartans. OMG. I just remembered this. Brian Coody was in our class and his Dad owned the shop that did all the screen prints. And the Bixby Jackets!! Does anyone else remember this????? Oh' I had the Cheerleader Bixby Jacket, but that is until next year. ;) So, anyway our shirts we got made at the place that does that. I wish I could remember the name. It was something catchy, like Spartan Shop? Please, if you remember let me know. Here is the picture though from our field day and my shirt. (and my cool Coca Cola shorts)


No comments: