Tuesday, January 26, 2010

1991 - 30 Years in 30 Days

CHICKENS! We got chickens. This is me and my rooster Bud. I loved Bud and pretty sure Bud loved me. Look at how he lets me hold him. Showing off his rooster head. I miss you BUD!! You see....I was getting off the school bus one day and then came inside. I put down my book bags, etc and then went back outside to get the mail. Our driveway was gravel and a little longer than normal. I thought it was fun to run as fast as I could down the gravel barefoot. At that age, I didn't feel a thing. I try it every summer now, not running, just to see if it still hurts like it did last time I tested it. Wow! That hurts. Anyway, so I was maybe inside 5-10 mins and I take off outside to get the mail. There is this white stuff everywhere in the road. Like EVERYWHERE. Blowing the wind, it looked like a bag of peanuts had been dumped. I stop running and slowly walk over to it. It's Bud. Dead. In the middle of the street. A car had come by and literally destroyed him to pieces. Feathers Everywhere. I ran screaming back into the house. Threw myself on the kitchen floor. I was devesated. Oh'''' Bud. It was awful. But you know, I got over it and Bud is buried in our field somewhere. But I will never forget what those feathers looked like in the street before I realized it was my sweet/mean rooster.



On to summer time. I was really getting more and more into sports. I went to Camp of Champs that was put on by Coach Wallis. The best Coach in the WORLD. I really, really, liked having him teach me how to play. He was hard, but caring. He didn't just let you do things wrong just because you were 11. I remember I never wanted to let him down. I still think about how he made me push myself when I'm doing a Spin Class that I just don't think I can go on. Or running in a race that I want to stop and walk. I think, "I wouldn't stop and walking if Coach Wallis was here." I also was still doing Cheerleading. This was my last year. You will have to wait until 1992 to find out why it was my last year. Sports Pics!




I love how happy Susi (Doring) Preston is in this picture. Look at her. This picture sums up her personality to a T. So Cute! She is the one in the upper right hand corner in the air incase you can't tell.


Ok - so this has to be one of the most embarrsing years for me to blog about. You can tell in the picture posted with Bud that my teeth are very...pretty. I look like I have vampire teeth, which I guess now would be ok, but back in 1991?? This is the year...of.....the headgear. Sigh. Yeah...I did it. I look back and I can't believe I did this. For those who don't know what headgear is or have blocked this year of my life out of your memory too, it is a medival toruate device that is used to help ones teeth get straight before having braces put on. Think of the dorkess thing in the world, and then x 10. That is me in 1991. So I'm going to go ahead and post this wonderful picture. It is me and all my glory on Christmas Morning. As you can see I got my leather jacket, my boots, a sled, Jenga, and looks like an Ant farm in the background. I'm pretty sure the book says, "Ant Rancher's Handbook". Oh' and don't forget the blue sweat suite I'm wearing. You know that was a open up and put on right away outfit.


1 comment:

KRiSTiN said...

i laughed. out loud. i couldn't help it. sorry.

::snicker::

it wasn't even the head gear. it was the need to put on the blue sweatsuit immediately. i had a purple one that i loved. greatness.