Wednesday, January 20, 2010

1985 - 30 years in 30 Days

It's 1985!!!

I turned 5 years old this year. I still don't remember much at this age. Just playing a lot. I do know that I went Sparks. It is the first stage of Campfire. I loved it. This picture is taken on the front porch of my house in Tulsa. I know this was 1985 b/c it says it on the back, but I look so tall!!



And, I'm impressed to say I remember everyone's name! From left to right starting in the back. Jenny, Me, Carrie, Tracey's Mom, now front row, Kathryn, and Tracey!


1985 might be the year my sister stuck the berry up my nose and I had to go to the emergency room. That's right. Remember how I said back in 1982-1984 I would do whatever she told me? Still did in 1985. She somehow got me to think it was "ok" to stick a berry up my nose and then she would pull it out with a stick. Sounds wonderful, right? Oh dear. You can imagine what happened. It got stuck. She frrrrrrrrreaked out and told me not to tell. Of course I didn't tell and we just went in the house. Well, of course my parents could see something was stuck up in my nose! Finally the truth came out and off to the hospital I went. I do remember them holding me down and white curtians all around me. I didn't understand what was going on! I remember being scared. They finally got the berry out, no side effects. Thank Goodness! When we got home my sister had a sign that said, "Welcome Home Sarah". I think I was gone all of 2-3 hours. She felt bad....which you should have Jill! :)


1986 is a good year. My last year before we moved. I am starting to remember things at this age, so should get better!


Here is Grover!!

No comments: