Thursday, January 21, 2010

1986 - 30 Years in 30 Days/http://storiesbyashe.blogspot.com/






1986!




1st Grade is here! G-R-I-M-E-S Elementary....I can't believe I still remember that song. It was our song to my elementary school in Tulsa. I started 1st Grade with Ms. Redyke that year. I thought she was the coolest teacher. I remember on the chalk board she had everyone's name listed. If you got 5 stars you got a package of SKITTLES! A whole package. You didn't get a star for just anything, it had to be something really good. Maybe that is why I love Skittles so much?? Who knows, Jill loves Skittles too and she didn't have Ms. Redyke. I found my "school" book last night which will make this waaaay more helpful. Apparently my favorite subject was Math...which makes me laugh as I can't do Math to save my life!




The most thing I remember about 1986 is I got my Cabbage Patch Kid named Julie Elizabeth. I remember going to OKC to visit Grandma Stone and walking down the long tall aisle of yellow boxes. There were so many!! As soon as I saw Julie, I was happy. It took Jill forever to pick out Micheal. She always takes her time though. Here is a picture of Jill and me having a lemonade stand on Lewis Ave. You can see Micheal next to Jill helping us sell.



Does anyone else remember Get In Shape Girl? It was workout stuff for little kids. And we wonder why we are so self aware of our bodies.

Woooo! Pretty sure I was just moving my wrist back and worth, not really "twirling" it. Nice Outfit.

1 comment:

KRiSTiN said...

that lazy cabbage patch kid isn't doing ANYTHING to earn his cut. little bastard. no wonder he was given up for adoption.

i can't believe you remember first grade! i don't have a clue who my teacher in first grade was.

I had a twirly baton thing! but it was for some baton twirling group that i did that went to competition. i never competed. my mom bought all the stuff, but i quit when i dropped the baton and it bounced (the ends were thick rubber balls) and hit some other girl and made her cry, LOL.