Monday, January 25, 2010

1990- 30 Years in 30 Days


Ok - I'm not going to lie. I'm really getting tired of doing this, it is a lot more work than I thought. 1990 I turned 10. Started the 5th grade. Was still playing basketball and made the 5th grade cheerleading team. I was an awful cheerleader!!! I couldn't do a jump to save my life. I was so clumsy. I knew I sucked, hahahahhaah. But I really enjoyed the clothes and being with my friends. I had Mrs. Webb as my teacher. I became really good friends with Lindsey White that year! I remember we made this fashion book with many outfits, like it was a catalog. I also remember that year when the school thought it was time for the sex education. The boys went in another classroom and other girls came in ours. We watched this 1970's film on "why our bodies are changing". How any more akward could this be! And the worst part was when it was all over the boys come back into the room and no one wants to make eye contact. Such a odd day at school for a 5th grader.



1990 was also the year that we went on a family vacation to Texas. It was the old school family vacation where we drove. I remember us stoping in Waxahachie b/c it was such an odd name for a town. We then went on to San Antontio. That was so cool to see the River Walk and eat Blue Chips on a patio. The best part about being in SA was going to see the Alamo. This was around the time Pee Wee's Big Adventure was the rage. So we thought it was so neat to be there and of course we really wanted to ask where the basement was. But, being good children...we didn't. After we left San Antontio, my parents had a huge surprise for us. We went on to Rock Port Beach! Even though it was only the Gulf of Mexico, it was our first time to be at beach and not a pool or lake. I remeber us driving to our hotel and I'm not paying any attention. Just unloading the car. My dad asked Jill and me to come out on the deck. We walk out and he asks us, "hey...what is that?" and points to the beach about 2 blocks away. I can still see it. I couldn't believe it! I was at the ocean! We had so much fun playing in the water, building sand castles, and this was also when I got stung by a jelly fish. Those. Hurt. Here are some great beach shots. I love my Mom and Dad's look in these. Classic.



No comments: