Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1992 - 30 Years in 30 Days


It's braces time. I got my braces spring break of my 6th grade year. It was such a strange feeling to have them on. Dr. Katz was my orthodontist. Lindsey White and I had the same one which was really odd since his office was all the way in Tulsa off of like 41st and Harvard. What are the odds of 2 girls in Bixby, OK going to the same ortho in Tulsa?! I didn't mind having braces after a while. I liked going every month to get new colored rubber bands. Depending on the season. Dr. Katz told me that I followed all the rules and didn't eat things I shouldn't, I would get them off in 2 years. If I did anything bad, I would have them longer. I didn't want them any longer than I had too so I was strict. No gum, pop, popcorn, biting into an apple, corn on the cob (that was hard during the green corn festival), taffy...all the good stuff. I had to stop. School was out and it was summer time. This was a really fun summer.





My Mom's sister's family lives in California and we flew out there to visit. That was my first time to go that far on a plane and to go California. We went to San Fran, did the whole trolley thing and fishermans wharf. All the hot spots. Alcatraz was the coolest.










Don't really have much else on this year. Just getting taller!

No comments: